Plant Swap | RVA
Join Benchtop and RVA’s own all-around Superhuman (and plant mom) Kelli Lemon as we host our first ever plant swap! We love plants and know a lot of you do too. Whether you are an experienced plant parent or getting started this one is for you. Like indoor plants, outdoor plants, or both? Looking for guidance? How about a new planter? Either way, we’ve got your covered. This isn’t just a plant swap though. We are thrilled to welcome in some area experts who are doing amazing things in Richmond. We will also have some outstanding local vendors on site with their handmade goods.
Lineup for the Evening:
- Barry Green Jr., Richmond Urbanist and Owner of Shades of Moss, will be here to talk about plants as a design element, placement of plants in your home, and how plants and music go hand in hand.
- Duron Chavis, Founder of @happilynaturalfestival, @sankofaorchard, and @mcdonoughgarden
- Dr. Hollee Freeman of City Bees RVA will join us to talk about the benefits of bees in relation to plants and the environment.
- Danielle Freeman Jefferson, of Dirt Farm Designs, will be here to discuss accessible plant materials, youth development involving indigenous plant ways, and urban agriculture.
- Logan Boyd, Owner of the Richmond Flower Truck will be here with BYO bouquets.
- Griot Goods will be here with their body inclusive plant pots & plant accessories.
- Newcomer, Rainy Day Crochet Co. will be here with their plant inspired handmade goods.
WANT TO SWAP? Awesome!
PLANT SWAP RULES
- We prefer that you bring at least on plant to swap.
- Getting started with plants and don’t have anything to swap yet? That’s okay, you are welcome to ONE of ours.
- All plants must be in a pot with drainage holes.
- All plants must be labeled with species and care instructions.
- All plants must be pest-free and healthy.
- Help the event run smooth by reserving a “swap spot” here.
Best types of plants to swap: Jade, Spider, Succulents, and cuttings. Of course, others are welcome so long as they are happy and healthy!
Have a rare, tropical, or exotic plant that you would like to offer for sale? Great! Please email [email protected] with details so we can share on our social media. Please include a high-quality picture, species, size, asking price, and your contact information.